Lady in Waiting by Catherine Marchand

Waiting by Ntieyko

Friday, November 26, 2010



Ok, so I know that officially Thanksgiving Day ended about an hour ago. But I just felt compelled to write this latest blog before I close my eyes for the night. I have had my heart re-awakened and my faith regenerated since my last post. And it is not because of some miracle cure, or some one-stop-shop solution. Each of the problems, heartache, and worries I had in my life two days ago are still there. And I have not had any real solutions to most of the imperative issues affecting me right now, however I have had a a few small miracles trickled in to my life over the last two days and I can finally see that someone IS there and working behind the scenes.

I was able to spend the day with my family and enjoy a fantastic meal with the treasure of genuine love and caring around each of us. That may not seem like a big deal to some, but for me and my family, it is a huge milestone. And when I think about those who are truly all alone with no one to support them, I realize that I am so blessed. I no that no matter where I end up, I will be loved. And loved by so many.

I have so many reasons to be thankful this year. Many of these things I know see I have taken for granted. I guess we all fall into that bad habit from time to time. Perhaps that is why so many people I know are facing some huge wake up calls as they say. Every one in my immediate circle and even those that are not, are dealing with major life changing issues. So it is hard not to wonder why there is so much pain and misery around me. But I take a deep breath, and know that the answer to my last post, Is There Anyone There?, has been answered.

I AM THANKFUL!

I am thankful for...
Jonathon, Samantha, Mikayla & Mia
My friends and family that love me so
tragedy being avoided and keeping my son in one piece
spending another holiday with mom
laughing and joking another day with dad
the gifts and talents that God has given me
the proof that a broken family CAN be healed
the old memories with dear friends and the chance to make new ones with them again
the love of music that I have and how it speaks to my very soul
the trials and setbacks that have made me the person I am
the trials and setbacks that will continue to develop me into the person God wants me to be
the renewed faith in my heart and trust in my soul that tells me I know God will take care of me...no matter what.

What are you thankful for this holiday season? I am sure if you really think about it, you can find at least one thing to keep you thankful. The next step is to find a way to turn that thankfulness into a blessing for someone else.

Until my next post, I will still be in waiting. As the blog says I am a...

LLadyNWaitn

No comments:

Post a Comment