Lady in Waiting by Catherine Marchand

Waiting by Ntieyko

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Big Forty

Well, my countdown has finally happen. 40 Geez, I feel like my parents are still 40! I remember throwing my dad’s surprise 40th birthday party at my first apartment, and it seem like that was only a few years ago! 

This birthday was a true milestone for me. While most of my childhood friends seemed to dread the big 4-0, I was anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. Maybe because the last 5 years of my thirties have been so traumatic, I looked to the 40s and even the 50s as a time to renew, rebuild, and regenerate myself. Well, that day is finally here, and laughingly as my horoscope said, "It's time to now walk the talk." 

Things are not where I would like them to be, as I still try to wrap my head around the circumstances it took to get here, and the steps I need to take in order to continue to improve things. There are four reasons behind my continued tenacity, - as I have said it before on other blogs, my children. 

It’s been a whirlwind, and I have said too many I look forward to the next phase of life. Bring on the 40s and 50s! Even though the last couple of years had almost completely knocked me to out of the game of life, I am still here – fighting. And I have come to accept that I must continue to do so. We must continue to improve and better our situation. And continue to stand for causes that are close to us, and bring that spirit of brotherhood back to our society. 

But if God decides to take me before I reach 41, I can look back at the last 40 years and truly see how blessed I am! Throughout all the turmoil, I have survived what most could not. And have had so many blessings, so much more than so many others! The friendships I have built and memories I have shared with them will keep me smiling through the biggest adversities yet to come.  I have had the treasure of family and friends in my life, sharing the most special memories that no despair or hopelessness can ever take from me. I have four wonderful, healthy, beautiful children. Two who are growing into adults, and two who are still learning the ABCs of life!

To my family and friends, you have been a blessing to me through the last 40! And at some time along that line, you were there for me when I needed you most! I am very humbled, grateful, and appreciative to have had you in my life! My love to you all!

I am still just a ....

LladynWaitn

No comments:

Post a Comment