Lady in Waiting by Catherine Marchand

Waiting by Ntieyko

Monday, February 22, 2010

Looking for a Renaissance

As a young student, I always enjoyed history. Even now as an adult, I still love history, watching the History Channel or reading about some part history that shaped our world. My favorite time was the Renaissance period. I used to just think of it as that "time with all the cool medieval art" that went along with what they showed in the history text books. I never really understood it or took value in what it really was, ...and that being a rebirth.

What exactly is a rebirth?
I mean, so many of us probably have our own understanding of what that means. But it wasn't until the last few years, that I have come to understand what a "rebirth" is for me; not just being born again, or saved, or even making changes in your life for the better. Not just to lose weight, or stop smoking, or clean up your act! But to me, a rebirth is the complete and total transformation of your mind.

So many times we let our mind and thoughts control everything we do, say, plan, think, need, desire ...the list goes on. And then we so easily transfer that to our families, friends, and children, usually without even realizing it. We live in those thoughts, which are really counter-active to how we should be living. We justify those thoughts, and rationalize them until they just don't seem that bad.
The title for this blog literally came to me in the middle of a stupor. I thought and thought about it as I was setting this website up and realized for me, I am the "Lady in Waiting" ...waiting for a rebirth, a renaissance, ....a complete and total transformation of my mind.
I know that until I can control my thoughts that seem to be so set on going against me, my situation, my goals, my future, I will never be able to gain the peace and joy that is so promised to me through the word of God. I am the Lady in Waiting…Ready to take on the battle with my thoughts, dismantle my own personal demons, and bring to this world yet another light that is so desperately needed in the midst of what seems to be total hopelessness.

There is no hopelessness. And it's taken a while for me to realize that. To understand that no matter where I end up, no matter what comes against me, no matter who is not for me, no matter ...no matter...no matter.....that I can live a life of peace! My thoughts can become my inspiration and not my setback!

I am delighted that you will be following me as I attempt to make this journey through my own personal writing. I know it will not be easy. I know that I will face obstacles... but that is just the beginning...

Accepting that I will be facing them and changing the mind set that I can overcome them!



No comments:

Post a Comment