Lady in Waiting by Catherine Marchand

Waiting by Ntieyko

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Pray" on a Happy Face!

Ladies,

I know how hard it can be... mother, wife, daughter, employee, sister, and best friend, volunteer, the list goes on and on. And we somehow get so caught up in the every day life duties, that we can't break free from their obligations and do the one thing that will get us through: PRAY.

I am sure, most of us think either one of two ways...
either I don't pray enough or I pray all the time. Prayer is the guide to to communing with our Father. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" Mark 11:24. But what do you do when you think you just don't have enough time to pray?
Now, I pray throughout my day. I talk to God when I am doing some of the most mundane things. It’s funny too, because, before I was born again, I used to talk to myself! And yes, I would even answer! When I was in deep thought over a decision, or working on a complicated project, I would talk myself through it. I remember years ago, working in a customer service call center, my co-workers would always say "Huh?", or "Tracie, are you talking to me?” How great it would have been to know at that time, that I could have prayed myself through it! So that is why I am writing this today!
Pray yourself through it! No matter how small your dilemma, or even if it is the biggest thing you have ever had to face in your life, prayer is the answer. And if we just keep talking and answering ourselves, we are likely to miss the answer that is best needed to fit that particular situation.

Some may think that to be devout in your prayer you have to have complete silence, locked away somewhere, praying scripture that you studied from the bible. And yes, while I believe there are some circumstances that may require us to pray that way, and that having quiet alone time with God is sometimes necessary, I do believe that just talking to God as we would talk to our friend, is just as pleasing to Him.
A friend sent this email to me today that was based on a daily devotional from The Truth Project with Del Tackett. You can pray as you put on your face for the day! Praying while you put on make-up? Yes, you can! I thought this was the coolest thing! I know each of us put on some type of makeup everyday before we head out the door. This would be a great way to add a little more one on one time with God in your very hectic day! I have copied the email I received below:


               "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with the ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

                   Over and over the teacher of The Truth Project, Dr. Del Tackett, emphasizes that when we are making a decision,   examining a sphere of life, or looking for truth, we need to "gaze upon the face of God." David says in Psalm 24:6, "This is the person who seeks him, who searches for the face of the God of Jacob." Today's verse insinuates that as we look at the image of God, as in a mirror, we are gradually being transformed  into the image of God Himself. I suspect that we all have a routine that we go through before we leave the house, especially for a special occasion. The mirror has a big part in that! A few devotions ago I wrote about looking in the heart-mirror, because it is what is in the heart that makes a lasting impression. So, since we don't put on real armor when we go out into the world, but we do put on makeup, here is my list of spiritual reminders that we can apply as we're looking into the bathroom mirror. 
                                                                                                                                                                    


Foundation: "For no one can lay any foundation other than the one

already laid, which is Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 3:11


Eyeliner/Mascara: "May your eyes take delight in following My ways."
Proverbs 23:26b


Lipstick/Gloss: "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my
heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:14




Blush (to make us glow!) : "Those who are wise will shine like the
brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like
the stars for ever and ever." Daniel 12:3


                               Blemish concealer: "Above all, love each other deeply, because love
covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8




Earrings: "And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is
the way, walk you in it, when you turn to the right hand, and when you turn to the left."
Isaiah 30:21


Cologne: "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal
procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the
knowledge of him." 2 Cor. 2:14



The Finished Product: "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a
woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30





No comments:

Post a Comment