Lady in Waiting by Catherine Marchand

Waiting by Ntieyko

Thursday, May 27, 2010

My A-HA! Moment

I am up so late because I can't sleep. In the middle of all my drama and trials, God has granted so much for me to be thankful for, and part of that was finding some truly encouraging men and women of God. They have been put in my life "for such a time as this" (Esther 4:14). I am working for the life of abundance that I know God has planned for me and my family, especially my children. Each one of them is truly a blessing.. sent from heaven.

I listened to a Life and Online Business Empowerment Q&A call with Robin Tramble, creator of the International Association of Christian Women Entrepreneurs tonight. And as I heard her speak I yet again had the same words come to my mind, "She really does get it, doesn't she?" When I heard her say that we needed to separate ourselves from "drea
 m killers" and keep pushing for what we want, for where we happen to be in our lives RIGHT NOW, it just all clicked. It is not about the fantasy of mega money and perfect "everything you ever wanted" lifestyle. It is about working through all the clutter and getting the whole closet emptied. And learning to work with what you have right now is so important because unless you understand where you are and why you are there, you will never get IT. IT meaning the A-HA moment as well as IT meaning the destination you have been desiring.


Dream killers come in all shapes and forms. Some time the dream killers are our own very loved ones. And that is hard to accept and sometimes can crush us to the core. I have heard those "you can't do it" and "why do you think you can do it" type of dream killing remarks from my close friends, ex-husband, immediate family, and yes my own children. By continuing to take a backseat to my own dreams of an abundant life, I am not living the life of purpose that I know God has planned for me. I know that God's plan of an abundant life is available to ALL; not only for our own happiness, but mostly because it is up to us to reach others and bring His message to them! That is what our real duty is here on earth. Everything else is just lagniappe, which is my all time favorite New Orleans word, pronounced lan-yap, which just means, a little something extra!

I have always and I mean always, (Yes, I played "business women" as little girl!) had the dream of entrepreneurship. And in my early adult life it was all about "Show me the MONEY!" But I have moved from that after so many losses that I have had to face, and have realized it is not about the money, but about having true peace and being content with what God has given me. And also realizing He has given me EXACTLY what I need for every moment I am in at every time of my life.

I am a single parent with 3 year old twin girls,and I also have two older children, my son age 16 and my daughter, age 13 from a 12 year marriage that ended in divorce 4 years ago. I have learned so much from that time and my fight now is for my older children. They are caught in the middle of a battle they did not ask to be in nor that I want them in. My fight is for them to know that all I do and all I work for is to make sure they too can live a life of abundance. I just want them to be happy, content, and be able to live in freedom without fear holding them back. Fear so holds us down and holds us back, and I know because I lived in fear. And I still have battles with it (of course who doesn't) from time to time. But I have to take up my anthem "I won't back down" (Thanks Tom Petty!) and sing it over and over to myself!

I have gone through what I hope will be the worse thing I have ever had to face in my lifetime over the last 6 months and managed to find opportunity in the middle of complete chaos. But God...

I have had my dreams and goals blown back into my very spirit and soul knowing I can find a way to "do this" and take care of myself and my children while more importantly helping others. But God...

I am at the beginning of cleaning out my closet and I know it will be hard, cause some aches & pains, and I will come across some stuff that will make me just want to shut the door and run away. But I won't. Not this time. But God...

What is your A-HA moment? Work from there and begin to see the life of abundance that God has planned for you. Nope, it won't be easy, I can promise you that. But so many of us fight and push for things that truly not of any real value to us. How about using that drive for the real value in your life? But first, you have to determine what that real value in YOUR life is.

Be Blessed!





No comments:

Post a Comment